A Visit from Eric Litwin

One day I grabbed my mail from the box at school and my jaw hit the floor.  It was a note that was being sent home to the students to pre-order an autographed book by Eric Litwin before his visit.  I ran straight to the librarian to see if what I was reading was true.  Fast forward a month and a half later and the week had arrived.  I wanted to make this a big deal for my students because how many times are you going to get the opportunity to see a famous author?


 Someone pinch me!



I decided to read the Pete the Cat books that he authored alongside James Dean.  On Monday we read Pete the Cat I Love my White Shoes and we did an activity that I found here.  Unfortunately I forgot to snap pictures, but I did remember to take a selfie of my white shoes


It would be so fun to have every color!




On Tuesday we read Pete the Cat Rocking in My School Shoes.  The students began working on these adorable headbands that we would wear on the day of his visit.


On Wednesday and the day of his visit we read Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons.  We finished our headbands and also made this adorable Pete.  Inside I had the kids write adjectives that described them.  It was so sweet seeing them use words such as smart, pretty, and fast. (The headbands were made with the head template from the project pictured below.  We added the buttons and sentence strip)


The moment had finally arrived and the kids and teachers were buzzing with excitement.  Mr. Eric was so friendly and came around to each teacher, shook our hands, and said hello.  I really was not expecting that.  I even got to get a picture with him.  I was total fangirl!

He was extremely captivating, entertaining, and energetic for people young and old.  He started with Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons.  He taught the students different motions and he even brought up a teacher to display the book as he performed.  I was too chicken! Click here to see his performance!



After that, he performed a book from one of his new series The Nuts Sing and Dance in Your Polka Dot Pants.  


He wrapped up his visit with having everyone get up and dance to his yet to be released book Groovy Joe Ice Cream and Dinosaurs.  It was so fun!

My daughter who normally is a morning preschooler even got to come and was front row center stage.  Jealous!  We were hoping he would do our favorite one with The Nuts Bedtime at the Nut House.  Aren't there shirts adorable? I got her plain yellow shirt from Joann Fabrics, but you can find one similar here.


This post contains links to my Amazon affiliate account

No comments

Back to Top