Organizing Yourself A Month at a Time!




I am so excited to welcome you to the Bright Ideas Blog Hop!!  Thank you for taking the time to check out my bright idea.


  This idea was shared with me years ago from a seasoned teacher and I have to say it is absolutely brilliant.  I joined a team who liked to be ahead of the game.  This meant stacks of papers everywhere!  This eliminates the stacks completely and you are organized for a whole month of teaching.  Can you say AMAZING!  

I have 32 file folders in my file cabinet.  They are labeled 1-31 for the days of the month and one says "Sub Folder".  As my team makes copies I throw them into one of the dated folders where I think I will be using them.  For example, I know I do my reading comprehension test every Friday.  As my teammate makes copies of the tests I am able to pop it into the dated folder.  NO MORE STACKS!!  

The "Sub Folder" contains my generic lesson plans, class list, seating chart, extra work, and important information.


The best part is it is so easy to prepare for a sub or if you have an emergency you can send a teammate over to your room and direct them to the file folder for the day, week, or month if need be.  




I hope you enjoyed my Bright Idea, but there is still more to come!  Next up is Tammy from The Resourceful Apple and she will be sharing with you about Kagan Strategies.  I can't wait to read her post!  You can click the link above to check out her post or go to the link up below for more Bright Ideas!

~Stacey




8 comments

  1. This idea is GENIUS!! I am already planning on using it next year. I think this will help me stay ahead of the game (esp when it comes to copying). Thank you for sharing!!

    Sara :)
    The Colorful Apple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to wait until next year. The set-up takes no time at all! :) You will thank yourself next year for starting it now.

      Delete
  2. Great idea! I hate stacks of papers and this will make being organized so much easier!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this idea and am amazed that you can stay organized for an entire month at a time! We also use the same reading series as you do....Love Journeys! Happy hopping! =)

    Tanya
    A+ Firsties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like it. I will be honest and tell you I search for fun activities on the weekend, so the files have the bones of my day.

      Delete
  4. Love it! Now I need to clean out a filing cabinet in order to do this!
    Seusstastic Classroom Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOLY TOLEDO!!! Love this idea!!!! I may not be able to nail things down to the actual date, but to the dateISH I definitely could...thus preventing the stacks! LOVE!
    :) Lisa
    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Ish" is definitely where I am sometimes, Lisa. LOL! Keep in mind I am only typically throwing copies, math packets, and other constants in the folders ahead of time. When there is a sub my generic plans lead them to the workbooks. I search for other activities for the week on Sunday. Sorry it was a little misleading.

      Delete

Back to Top