It is FINALLY done!


I started my Monthly Writing Journal project at the beginning of summer.  Then I got distracted with a million other projects.  I finally had it in me last night to get it done!  It might have been something to do with the news we got yesterday.  It lit a fire under me!  My husband got news from his doctor that he needs to have another back surgery.  For us it is kind of devastating.  He is a stay at home dad during the week and stays home with our son who has Cerebral Palsy and daughter.  The recovery time is SIX LONG weeks.  So we are going to try and do it during my winter break or next summer, but I hate that he has to suffer until then.  So it is time for me to pull my weight! {Didn't mean to be a Debbie Downer...Sorry and thanks for listening!}




Anyway... I am so excited for these journals!  I started doing this with my class last year, but I revamped it.  Every month there is a notebook with a new writing prompt and words in it.  The whole class is to get to it during their writing center time.  When the journal is complete you can add it to your classroom library and the kiddos can read it during Read to Self or Read to Someone time.  They are always so excited to read what their classmates wrote!  








I also created two prompts that can be used all year long.  The one I am most excited about is, I have a question... I have an answer!  The kids pose a question and each student has to answer them.  I thought this would also be a great activity for the traveling journal.  Your class can ask the questions and you send the journal over to another class to answer.  That sounds like so much fun to me!



The great thing about my Monthly Writing Journals is you can get all 13 journals ready now and when the month changes all you have to do is switch it out and BOOM you have revamped your writing center!  Can it get any easier? I think NOT!

Hoping my Firsties and you will love this!
~Stacey

5 comments

  1. love those adorable pencil graphics! are they scrappin' doodles? I LOVE your "I have a question, I have an answer" idea...how cool is that?! It looks like a great product!
    SynonymRolls&AntonymMoments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The pencil graphics are from Creative Clips. I got them from TPT. I am really excited about trying the Question/Answer writing too!
    Thanks for stopping by!
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea -- I have never thought of doing this, and think it is a fantastic way for students to write.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nominated you for a Liebster award. : ) You can check out my blog if you want to accept it. Best of luck with your blog! Great ideas!
    ~Lucy
    Kids Math Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone recently nominated me for this award because I had less than 200 blog followers, so I am paying it forward and nominating you. See my post to see what you can do:

    http://stuckeyinsecond.blogspot.com/2013/07/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top