End of the Year Teacher Gift Book




I want to share a great idea I found for a gift to give your child's teacher at the end of the year, but before I do I have to be a mommy and share some exciting news.  My son just graduated from Kindergarten {insert sobbing noises}!!!  I cannot even wrap my mind around the fact that I am going to have a 1st grader.  I feel like I was just sitting here on my computer blogging about our summer Kindergarten prep plans.  Seriously if you are a new mom or heck even a seasoned mom stop reading this, go hug your babies, and then come back.  They grow up WAY TO FAST!  Look at how his baby face changed over the last school year.


FIRST DAY...



 Kindergarten Graduation

Is he not the most handsome boy ever?!

LAST DAY... 
#notababyanymore


Yes, the chalkboard did go unused all school year and sat in my garage still written on. Don't judge. ;)  It was a little dusty, but all I had to change was 1st to last.

I love the picture below.  I have done this favorite things picture 2 years now.  It is crazy to see how he has changed.  The only thing that remained the same for him was his favorite color.  I used the A Beautiful Mess to add the text.  


So as you may have picked up from the pictures my son has a disability.  He more specifically has Cerebral Palsy.  He currently is unable to walk and communicate effectively, so he has a full time para with him.  What do you give the person who has spent every school day with him all day?  Really I don't think there are the right words or gift to give such a special person, but we tried our best.  I saw this idea from a couple of teachers in my building that received this as a gift and I thought it was too cute.  With my son's disability it would have been difficult for him to write a complete sentence and draw and decorate a book like I had seen from the other teachers.  So I decided to create a template.  The final product really turned out amazing.  The pictures I took were not so amazing though, but I think you get the idea.


How did I know which gift cards she would like?  I sent a teacher favorite's survey from The First Grade Parade at the beginning of the year.  It was perfect for picking out a great Christmas gift too!  



 You can find the End of the Year Teacher Gift Book {here}.  I did update it a little from the pictures you see above.  




 I included 3 different cover types- with ombre, light blue, or white backgrounds.  Each set of covers has 5 character choices to fit any teacher or special helper.  There are 2 different titles for each cover type. One is a generic "my teacher" and the other is a fill in the blank format.

The filler pages come with two different borders and also the generic "my teacher" and fill in the blank pages.

I also created a note from the parent(s) page.

I can PROMISE you that any teacher would LOVE to receive this gift!










No comments

Back to Top